Points of note:
- Without our emotions, we will have difficulty making decisions.
- Strong emotions like fear can adversely affect our decisions.
- The more we deny our emotions, the less able we are to make a decision; regardless of how much info we have.
- Relying on our gut instincts is important.
- Women make better decisions - because women are more in touch with their emotions.
- We are not Vulcans.
All this points to what I talk about a lot on this blog - good businesses need leaders who have well-rounded, integrated personalities. These are people who are not only in touch with, but actively embrace their emotive side, their humanity. These are people who are as aware of market trends as they are of their own emotional state and health.
They make for better people overall too! And stand a better chance of living happier, more fulfilled lives. It's a win-win really.
Thanks to Jany for this heads-up.