Here is a collection of potential approaches when coming up with a name for a business, service or product, in no particular order.
- Compound words.
- Compound partial words.
- Combine words with numbers, numerals and symbols.
- Combine syllables from different words.
- Make up a word.
- Spell a real word in a unique way.
- Concatenate a real word or compound words.
- Borrow words from other languages.
And here are some characteristics you may want to aim for.
- Descriptive of your unique approach or value proposition.
- Descriptive of some physical aspect of your offering.
- Emotive/emotionally suggestive.
- Active – action words and verbs.
- Onomatopoeic – a sound.
- Tautological – repeat for emphasis.
- An empty/neutral word.
Written by Zern Liew for Eicolab. All rights reserved. This resource has been provided “as-is” and without warranty. Please use it at your own risk. Use is subject to these conditions. If you have found this useful, please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out my blog for more material.