I use three different problem-solving processes: Design Thinking, Crisis Support and Suicide First Aid.
I see a great deal of similarities between them. There is a possibility to combine them to create a richer, more 360° approach. A hybrid process that is:
- Effective working with both facts and emotions.
- Both creative and compassionate.
- Inherently human-centric.
- Grounded in there here and now, while developing longer term solutions.
- More aware of any imminent risks and impact on people/organisations.
- Conscious of both technical and psychological feasibility.
- Engaged with all parties on a collaborative basis.
You can see the model here.