How often do we conspire to kill our inspiration without giving it a second thought?
Some of the ways we nip sources of inspiration in the bud:
- Jumping into assumptions; and drawing premature conclusions.
- Defending assumptions or beliefs as absolute facts. Being to be right. Black and white thinking.
- Quick to criticise and wear the black hat; quick to evaluate and dismiss.
- Defending the status quo. Over aversion to even the thought of change. Discomfort with even momentary uncertainties.
- Unable or unwilling to separate opinions from facts.
- Low self esteem. Quick to dismiss our devalue own thoughts.
And so we limit ourselves. And the world is poorer for it.