Downsizing trends from Haydn Shaughnessy’s article on Forbes.com via Bob Jacobson.
- Replace vacations with lifestyle options in sport and leisure. Example: urban kayaking.
- Make routine tasks more fun, rewarding and satisfying. Example: the window farm.
- Cheap and good street food instead of expensive restaurants. Example: gourmet street food.
- Focus on prevention and maintenance instead of cures in healthcare. Example: at-home monitoring.
- Double-duty personal enrichment activities for both leisure and career enhancement. Example: voice training.
- Turning hobbies into potential sources of income. Example: Etsy.com
- Reduction of fossil fuel consumption. Example: buying bicycles.
Review your services and products. How well do they fit into the list above? What are the new opportunities?