Another walk-by pickup at a bookshop:
The Tyranny of Dead Ideas – Letting go of the old ways of thinking to unleash a new prosperity by Matt Miller.
Today's dead ideas:
- The kids will earn more than we do.
- Free trade is “good” (no matter how many people get hurt).
- Your company should take care of you.
- Taxes hurt the economy (and they are always too high).
- Schools are a local matter.
- Money follows merit.
Tomorrow’s destined ideas:
- Only government can save business.
- Only business can save liberalism.
- Only higher taxes can save the economy (and the planet).
- Only the (lower) upper class can save us from inequality.
- Only better living can save sagging paycheques.
- Only a dose of “nationalisation” can save local schools.
- Only lessons from abroad can save American ideals.